Saturday, October 1, 2016

House of Cards: Gatefold Card and/or Color Inspiration


Hello, everyone!  I'm back to share a fun twist on a gatefold card with you today!  I created this card for the current House of Cards challenge which is to...

Create a gatefold card and/or use this color inspiration~

I went gatefold, but as I stated above, it's with a twist!  This card is an interlocking gatefold card.  Take a peek...


So, what makes this interlocking?  Well, the sentiment panel and its frame come apart as you open the card!  SO easy, but a HUGE WOW factor!


I used stamps from Stampin' Up! for my sentiment panel, along with Stampin' Up! dies and retired papers.  I adore these fun colors--they are perfect for a happy birthday card!

 

I used the same floral images and ink colors to decorate my inside panel, as well as incorporating more of the same patterned paper.  I love when the inside of the card matches the outside, don't you?!  SO fun!


I added a sweet flower, some pearls, rhinestones, and a crocheted butterfly to the front, as well as some fun hot pink gingham ribbon.  I am super happy with how this turned out, and I hope you like it, too!  I'd love for you to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!  Click HERE to hop over to YouTube for my video tutorial on how to create this fun technique, too!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you take a bit of time to come and play along with us at House of Cards.  Don't forget to stop by the other DT members' blogs for even MORE amazing inspiration--they always blow me away!  I'll be back later this month with more crafty posts!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Signature copy_2.png

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - off to watch the video on u tube. I like both of them but I think the red rose is my favorite just because!!! What a fun challenge this month.

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the butterfly on the front! The ribbon is a great finishing touch too! :)