Thursday, June 16, 2016

Inspired By Stamping: Grungy Butterflies


Hi, friends!  I'm back with another card using beautiful stamps from Inspired By Stamping!  I used cool tones and did a bunch of different techniques.  Take a peek at the final products...


I started by creating a fun sponged background using the Polka Dots set.  First, I heat embossed the images on white cardstock with clear powder.  I then sponged the panel with different colors of purple and blue.  I sponged the edges with black ink, then sprayed the panel with glimmer mist for a bit more shine.  A bit of glitter was added in certain places along the edge for even more texture.


Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Watercolor Sentiments set and matted it with black cardstock.  I kept it simple and just added some glitter to random places around the edge.  I placed this panel on the card at an angle for more interest.


Lastly, I stamped a few butterflies from the Butterflies stamp set onto vellum.  I fussy cut them out and added them to the card.  Some glitter was added to the butterfly bodies to tie in the other glitter already on the card.  I LOVE these beautiful butterflies--they add just the right amount of elegance!


Some ribbon from the Halloween Ribbon collection, a button, purple glitter paper, a punched border, and some pearls finished this creation off.  I have to admit, I am really loving the way it turned out!  What do you think?  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you like my offering for today, and I hope that you go grab these beautiful products from the Inspired By Stamping store!  Also, take a little time to create something today--you know you want to!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card Mynn!! I love the depth you achieved with this fabulous design!

Andrea W said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and sentiment.

Georgiana said...

Your background looks amazing. I want to try a bunch of new techniques. Which would you suggest first?

Fikreta said...

very nice
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that bg, Mynn!!!! The colours and the delicate butterlies are so beautiful!!!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Hugz

Taunya Butler said...

LOVE the uplifting, encouraging feel of this card - such beautiful details and it just looks amazing!!